The Millions: A Year in Reading: Extras
 
The Millions.com

Back to Most Recent Posts


Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 

A Year in Reading: Extras

I got a lot of responses to my call for people to share the best books they read this year. Here are some of the shorter entries and lists that I received.

Stephen Schenkenberg (who pens an engaging blog) said:

Cormac McCarthy's novel The Road -- the best book I read all year -- gutted me. William H. Gass' essay collection A Temple of Texts -- the second best -- has been the balm.
Steve Clackson also wrote in:
My favorite book this year.
  • Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden - comments
Some others I've enjoyed.
Heather Huggins named her top three:
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer and The Ox-Bow Incident by Walter Van Tilburg Clark. Ishiguro's Remains of the Day is a close third.
And finally, Sandra Scoppettone's list:
Thanks everyone!

A Year in Reading 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
Visit The Millions Book Review Index


Comments:


Post a Comment

Sponsor: